World Labor Day 2021: Welcome to world labor day. Labor Day, celebrated on the first Monday of September of every year. Hundred of hardworking people celebrate this across the entire world. This day celebrates in the United States and many other countries every year.
It is also known as international Labor Day, Worker’s Day, and May Day. Let us read in detail about Labor Day and how is it celebrated.
What is meaning Labor Day?
Labor Day is celebrating the first Monday in September of every year in the United States. It is a creation of the Labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. Labor contributes to the prosperity, strength, and well-being of our country.
When will Labor Day celebrate 2021?
This year, Labor Day will celebrate on 7 September 2021. This Labor Day is a very important and rememberable day in the world. It comes once a year but it is celebrated on various days and dates across the world.
Is Labor Day an off Day?
It is celebrated in various countries on various dates. In the United States, Australia, and Canada, Labor Day or Labour Day is celebrated at different times of the year. In the United States, Canada and Australia Labor Day is a federal holiday observed on the first Monday of September it is celebrated 1 May in many European countries, in the Russian Federation, and in several Asian countries.
History of Labor Day
After the Civil War of the USA, began a Labor war from ten to eight hours to reduce the working day of the eight-hour movement. It was a major aim of the National Labor Union, whose first congress met in 1866. By 1868, congress and six states had passed the eight-hour legislation. In 1884, the National Federation of Organized Trades and Labor Assemblies decided to call for a general strike on May 1, 1886, to enforce demands for employers to observe the eight-hour day.
In 1947, amidst the anti-Communist Cold War hysteria, the US Veterans of Foreign Wars renamed May 1 as “Loyalty Day,” and a joint session of Congress later made the pronouncement official.
Why is Labor Day Celebrated?
International Labor Day is also known as Worker’s Day or May Day. Some of the countries are observing 1 May of every year. Again some of the countries are also observed on the first Monday of the year. For this reason, the first Monday of September will be observed on Labor Day on 7 September 2021. It is observed so that they can get the strength, dedication, and achievements of the working class. They can be also happy this day is also observed to raise awareness about issues like forced labor, minimum wage law, rights of migrant workers, etc. International Labor Day is celebrated to encourage international labor associations. Moreover, labor unions and labor groups use Labour Day to fight for the rights of workers.
How is Labor Day Celebrated?
It is observed as a National holiday in the USA even all over the country. People mark the occasion by celebrating the accomplishments of workers. This day represents the hard work and dedication workers put in their work and how they work as a team to achieve a single goal. Lots of programs and celebrations are arranged on this day. On the occasion, Labor Day various banners and flags were also decorated by the laborers of different colors. We all have to increase the social awareness among people various news and messages are distributed by the TV and radio channels by saying Happy Labour Day.
The theme of Labor Day 2021
- The following are the themes that were set earlier to mark this day across the world
- Labour Day Theme 2019: “Uniting Workers for Social and Economic Advancement”
- Labour Day Theme 2018: “Uniting Workers for Social and Economic Advancement”
- Labour Day Theme 2017: “Celebrating the international labor movement”
- Labour Day Theme 2016: “Celebrating the international labor movement”
- Labour Day Theme 2015: “Construct the Future of Cameroon in Peace, Solidarity and Decent Work”
- Labour Day Theme 2014: “Providing of the Job with helping of the Capital by giving value the work”
- Labour Day Theme 2013: “Employment promotion by helping Entrepreneurs Perspectives”
Activities of International Day 2021
On occasion, Different countries of the world observe a variety of activities. Here are some activities in the below content.
- Labor organizations can arrange a gathering to thank the selfless service provided by the staff of the organization.
- Appreciate the diversity at work and conduct activities that will involve everyone at the workplace irrespective of their role and designations.
- Encourage the young Entrepreneurs and provide them with support
- An appreciation message can be sent to the employees of the organization.
- Organizations should check for the working hours of the employees and make sure that it is not exceeding the maximum hours.
- Speeches can be delivered at the workplace and at school to make the community aware of labor rights.
- Child labor has to be stopped completely. Hence conduct a survey in your neighborhood and also report the cases where you witness child labor.
- Poem writing competitions can be conducted at schools to help young minds think creatively and be aware of the contributions of laborers to society.
- Teach Children at school the value of every occupation around the world and let them respect everyone irrespective of their occupation.
National Labor Day best Quiz
It is the best quiz on the occasion of Labor Day. On the occasion, you can use and share dear and near one’s this quiz.